Saturday 18 January 2014

Gardening Abduction

This morning I did some gardening. Calvin was helping me...

If you can count chasing various creatures around the garden as helping. To save the poor critters, I asked Calvin to go and fetch me the seed packets that I left in the house.

Half an hour later and he still hadn't returned, so I went to look for him. Unsurprisingly, I found him lounging on the sofa, his muddy paw prints scattered across the carpet.

He spotted me and jolted over before I could tell him off. Turns out he couldn't collect the seed packets because he had been abducted by aliens.

I asked him what they had wanted and he said that they were very kind and told him that he was hugely important... I should have known. Calvin went on to explain that the aliens told him his great, great, great grandfather had been a saber toothed tiger. With a smug look on his face, he instructed me that he should be treated as royalty as he was the last survivor of an otherwise extinct animal.

Having had enough of his stories, I proceeded to wipe up the mess and flopped down on the sofa, stroking my funny little tiger.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment