Sunday 19 January 2014

Aliens Live in Ponds

Today was quite a palaver. According to Calvin, aliens have nested at the bottom of our pond.

His discovery began while I was in the kitchen. I made Calvin promise that he wouldn't try to catch any of the fish living in our pond. However, this doesn't stop him from spending countless hours on the bank, dabbling his paws in the water and teasing the poor animals with his antics.

Today, I fear he was getting a little carried away. After cleaning the dishes, I looked up out of the kitchen window to see the poor sodding wet cat clamber back up the sides of the pond.

Rushing out to check on him, I couldn't help giggling! Calvin was not amused. He claimed that he'd seen an alien scurry along the bottom of the pond and tried to remove the pest but had been pulled in by it's feelers. I mocked him, enquiring as to whether he had been mistaken and encountered a mermaid instead.

In an indignant tone, Calvin corrected my lack of intelligence by claiming that mermaids were simply a myth and that aliens were well known for living in ponds. Not only this, but I was lucky to have such a brave and keen-eyed cat.

I never can win an argument with Calvin, so I stifled another laugh and brought him a towel to dry off on. I'm sure he won't be teasing the fish much more now.

No comments:

Post a Comment